Top RPG News Of The Week: April 3rd (One Piece Odyssey, Playstation Plus, Breath of Wild 2 and More!)
Happy weekend from Flexralife! If you are too busy to keep up with the latest information on the games we cover or are looking for the latest update, we have your back! This is a mini version of the top RPG news of the week. See all the latest news on the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Watch the video above and read on!
One Piece Odyssey
- We already know what this week is like, and of course have seen a lot of interesting April Fools’ posts. But this week’s news is quite interesting despite the usual jokes. JRPG One Piece Odyssey has officially been confirmed to be available on Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC in 2022.
- This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of the One Piece game, as it was rumored last July when Bandai trademarked the “One Piece Odyssey”. In a video interview with lead producer Katsuaki Tsuzuki, they shared that the game will be an “epic adventure to experience the world of One Piece.” Japanese manga artist and One Piece Manga creator Eiichiro Oda has also personally designed the new characters and monsters that will be included in the game.
- The JRPG will contain everything you would expect from a full-fledged RPG experience including dungeons, quests, puzzles and more. Tsuzuki also said that this is the most “meticulously” made game for One Piece in such a long time.
For more on this news, find it here in the One Piece JRPG Announced as One Piece Odyssey; Trailer revealed.
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Sequel
- The sad news for Zelda fans is that the Breath of the Wild sequel has now been pushed to the spring of 2023. Originally announced to release in 2022, the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has now been delayed.
- In the screened footage, we can see Link holding the Master Sword, or what appears to be a sword with minor damage, with it still glowing. What happened to the sword? This could hint at what will happen in the next section.
- The delay is to give the already hard-working development team more time to “make the experience of this game special”. We can’t wait to see all the new mechanics, regions, and more to be revealed closer to the release date, but it looks like it will take some time.
For more on this news, find it here in The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Sequel Now Delayed To Spring 2023.
- Announced this week, coming in June 2022, Sony will introduce a tiered approach to the PlayStation Plus service. PlayStation Plus as a subscription service will now be split into three separate levels. Specifically, these will be PS Plus Essential, PS Plus Extra, and PS Plus Premium.
- All features currently included in PlayStation Plus will be available in the Essential Tier. This means that benefits like two free games, discounts, cloud storage, and multiplayer access will still be the most basic offerings.
- Secondary Tier will have all the benefits of Essential. However, this will also give subscribers access to over 400 of the biggest hits on PS4 and PS5. Titles will range from first-party Sony exclusives to other third-party additions. The game will only be available for streaming.
- The Premium Tier will get all the perks from Essential and Extra but will also have 340 extra games. However, these additional games will be available as downloadable original PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PSP games. Unfortunately, PS3 games will be limited to cloud streaming.
- The Essential, Extra, and Premium tiers will cost $9.99, $14.99, and $17.99 per month, respectively. If you want more details about the new Playstation Plus tier system or any of the news covered in this video, the link is in the description.
For more information on this news, find it here in PlayStation Plus Development as it adds value to customers.
- A recent quarterly update has revealed more details around Diablo IV’s environments and locations.
- We will visit a total of five different areas in Diablo IV, along with “hundreds of dungeons”. Depending on how large an area is, we will explore Sanctuary over a period of time. Hopefully an area will more or less resemble a full Action.
- To create a cohesive world of Sanctuary in Diablo IV, the team is focusing on two specific ideologies. Specifically, these are the “old owners” and “back to the dark”.
- As always, the world is scary and full of ghosts and paranormal things. Players in Sanctuary will be able to roam seamlessly in the giant world.
- Revealed in an update that includes locations on the Scosglen Coast, a bleak beach full of death and seaweed, Orbei Monastery is a collection of ruins hidden in the dry Steppes. And Kyovashad, a refuge for travelers.
- If you want more Diablo IV, be sure to check out our Diablo IV wiki for all the latest information.
For more on this news, find it here in the latest Diablo IV Quarterly Update Focusing on Environmental Arts.
- It has been announced that E3 2022 will not take place this year in digital or physical form as it has been officially cancelled.
- The news broke when emails were sent to partners from the Electronic Software Association, who issued a statement confirming the show had been canceled but would be returning to Los Angeles for a live performance next year. in 2023.
- The statement goes on to explain that they are working on a show next year that promises a “completely new format and interactive experience”.
- But we won’t be short of gaming news as Summer Game Fest is happening this June, as Geoff Keighley confirms that the event will go on as usual with partners Amazon Games, Blizzard, Capcom, Epic Games, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Warner Bros. and more according to the official website.
- What do you think about the news of E3 being canceled? What would you like to see from the new and improved E3 for next year? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news, find it here during E3 2022 Confirmed to be Completely Canceled.
- The developers of Motion Twin have released a new free update for Dead Cells called Break the Bank. The update adds a bunch of content including a new optional biome to explore called The Bank.
- Will you manage to break the bank? To unlock The Bank, the player needs to reach the Hand of the King at least once. Once you’ve done this, it will start appearing the next time you cross the Prisoner’s Zone in the area.
- To get to The Bank the player will encounter a large, slightly glowing chest. If you choose to enter, you will enter the zone, otherwise you will lose the chance for that run into the Bank because it will no longer appear. It will randomly spawn during your run, replacing which biome ever followed you during your run if you decide to join.
- Players can pick up new weapons and mutations, with an additional risk effect. The bank will actually take away a roll of the biomes that are considered ‘best’ but will also provide a Cursed Chest.
- As for the future of Dead Cells in terms of updates, it’s not over yet. Motion Twin has been doing an incredible job releasing not only premium content but additional free updates and gameplay tweaks here and there. The team shared in the post that there will be at least another year of DLC and free updates, so they want to continue supporting Dead Cells going forward but have already started a new project.
- Dead cells currently available to play on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android. Break The Bank’s latest free update is now available.
For more on this news, find it here in Dead Cells Break The Bank Free Update Adds New Creatures, Enemies, Weapons and More.
- This week, a mix of comic and battle heroes inspired by Diablo was revealed with the upcoming Action-RPG Superfuse. Superfuse follows your custom superhero as they battle the forces of evil.
- As with any successful ARPG, Superfuse will allow players to battle dozens of creatures and other cosmic threats.
- Humanity is on the verge of extinction and is forced to abandon the earth. However, this comes at a cost because it is the wealthy elite that finance the operation in large part. In return, the rich became lords over the rest of humanity and even became living gods.
- As the story begins, a new threat looms on the horizon. Labeled “Corruption”, the wealthy class tasked ordinary people with becoming Executors and bestowed incredible superpowers.
- Superfuse will have 5 character classes for players to choose from. Players can then choose their favorite superpower and combine others into them, creating a unique skill that totals more than its parts.
- Superfuse So far there is no release date, but it looks like there will be an interesting premise for this Action-RPG.
For more on this news, find it here in the upcoming Superfuse Is An Comicbook Style Diablo ARPG.
Hyper Light Breaker
- Hyper Light Breaker has been announced as the sequel to Hyper Light Drifter, a fully 3D third-person perspective with roguelite and co-op elements.
- The sequel to the beloved Hyper Light Drifter, Breaker takes things to a new perspective. In Breaker will remove the top-down 16-bit aesthetic. Instead, a shiny new third-person 3D game was born. You can see that the latest game still feels familiar to the first part, as it still carries the bright colors and aesthetic of the first title.
- Breaker will have some fancy new moves at his disposal. Wall dashes, a nifty hoverboard and a Zelda-like glider are just some of the tools players will have to explore this land.
- Players will explore Overgrowth, a brand new area still set in the world of Hyper Light. The world is ever-changing, with vast, open biomes and deep mazes.
- The game’s Steam page also mentions that players can “discover and unlock an extensive arsenal of weapons and items to create the perfect build for every run,” which means a number of factors randomization between runs.
- Hyper Light Breaker is set to release in Spring 2023 in Early Access.
For more on this news, find it here in the already announced Hyper Light Breaker, Departure from the Original and Go Full 3D; Early access spring 2023.
Well, that’s it for the Week at Wikis. Join us next week for another great gaming week! Be sure to check out our VIP program for some sponsor-specific benefits, and beginner writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep subscribing to us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and the wiki in general!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we have, the stronger Fexus’ army will be:
See more new articles in category: Review